Day seven of TF18
Running from 9th - 22nd July, Tempting Failure 2018 brings an international programme of noise and performance art to Croydon, South London.
Find out more at temptingfailure.com/TF18
Attend this event with a TF18 Day seven ticket or a TF18 Festival pass. Day tickets will be available on the door for £15.
Sebastian H-W - Behind Closed Doors
Croydon Town Centre
'Behind Closed Doors' is a site-responsive, participatory walking audio tour, that explores mental well-being, auditory hallucinations, social cleansing and suppressed voices in regenerating cities. Participants, armed with just a pair of headphones and a handheld digital dictaphone, loaded with a mixtape of music tracks and audio instructions, set off together for an audio walk around an area undergoing regeneration.
This walking tour is FREE
Angela Bartram - Teaching an Old Dog New Tricks
At a recent animal studies conference I noticed that although discussions were of the subjects being sentient and cognate, the delivery was for humans. Essentially, animals have no opportunity to understand the theories written about them. For the past year I have been reading animal theory to dogs, cats and horses and now it is time for a lecture for dogs and their humans about dogs in art. ‘Teaching an Old Dog New Tricks’ is a different type of lecture for an interspecies audience and extended ‘pack’.
This is a dog-friendly performance.
Lizzie Masterton - ASMR: Tools for Tenderness
ASMR: Tools for Tenderness is a participatory talk and live ASMR experience by Lizzie Masterton, exploring the physiological and psychological tingling sensation of ASMR, its potential for healing fractures in the relationship between the mind and body, as well as promoting a sense of wellbeing.
A series of Artist talks will also be held between the two performances - details to be released soon.
|Day seven - ADV ticket||12:00 - 22:00||£10.00|
Braithwaite Hall, Croydon Clocktower, Katherine Street, Croydon, CR9 1ET
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.