Day six of TF18
Running from 9th - 22nd July, Tempting Failure 2018 brings an international programme of noise and performance art to Croydon, South London.
Find out more at temptingfailure.com/TF18
Attend this event with a TF18 Day six ticket or a TF18 Festival pass. Day tickets will be available on the door for £15.
Sebastian H-W - Behind Closed Doors
Croydon Town Centre
'Behind Closed Doors' is a site-responsive, participatory walking audio tour, that explores mental well-being, auditory hallucinations, social cleansing and suppressed voices in regenerating cities. Participants, armed with just a pair of headphones and a handheld digital dictaphone, loaded with a mixtape of music tracks and audio instructions, set off together for an audio walk around an area undergoing regeneration.
This walking tour is FREE
Moa Johansson - louder, she said what
she has something coming out of her mouth a frozen stream of pink faux leather an interrupted sentence a not-listened-to call out an artificial flood made out of repeatedly failed attempts to make sense something is coming out of her mouth as if she vomits every words she never said every word unsaid for all the times she should have spoken outupaloudlouder it wraps around her head it grows bigger and the bigger it gets less will make sense
louder, she said what explores voice [-lessness], [female] responsibility and the transformation of silence into language [or action]
Manson X - Shattered Urban Soundscape
Inspired by London and its urban aesthetics and realities, Shattered Urban Soundscape is a live-performed experimental sonic piece accompanied by visuals.
The work is created employing software and hardware synths, drum machines and samplers, featuring abundant personally sourced field recordings and footage. It draws on influences from UK electronic music in order to generate a sonic artifact of fragmented beats, dark, ambient and noisy atmospheres, rich deep bass and strangely familiar conceptual references to city experience. The visual side enhances the listeners’ immersion, guiding their attention towards the notions inspiring the music, through abstract and glitchy urban imagery.
Mowgli and the slate pipe banjo draggers - Prime Bolus Music MRItrusion
An experimental audiovisual performance with a progressive audio collage composed of found sounds, field recordings and live sources visualised through a sound-reactive tapestry of live video manipulations of MRI imaging.
Penelope Koliopoulou - Do You Hit Girls?
Do You Hit Girls? is a performance about gendered bodies and their abilities. Is it OK for a man to fight a woman? What are the boundaries of consent? What are the boundaries of violence? Do we sexualise violence? Why are almost all sports sex-segregated? Literal and figurative fighting are equally present and brought up in this performance, as Penelope is trying to explore the strengths and the limits of the/her female body.
|Day six - ADV ticket||12:00 - 22:30||£12.00|
Braithwaite Hall, Croydon Clocktower, Katherine Street, Croydon, CR9 1ET
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.