Day four of TF18
Running from 9th - 22nd July, Tempting Failure 2018 brings an international programme of noise and performance art to Croydon, South London.
Find out more at temptingfailure.com/TF18
Attend this event with a TF18 Day four ticket or a TF18 Festival pass. Day tickets will be available on the door for £15.
Yoga in Black Morning Sessions
Matthews Yard: Lounge
As part of TF18's intention to promote mental wellbeing, Yoga in Black offers Dru yoga sessions with a metal, gothic, drone, doomjazz, dark ambient twist.
The soundtrack by various artists will be pre-recorded with some pieces specially composed for the day. Expect big sound, sound teachings: a workout for your mind, body and ears. It will be intense, magickal and fun!
Dru yoga features the use of visualisation and affirmation in its practice, and these workshops engage imagery from pagan, Voudon and Thelemic traditions to invoke a sense of inner strength and peace.
Yoga in Black Morning Sessions are included in TF18 day tickets and festival passes or on a pay-what-you-can donation basis.
Kieran Wakeman - Festering Under Tortured Skin
Matthews Yard: Gallery
A series of photographs/photo manipulations titled ‘Festering under Tortured Skin.’ The title relates to my struggles with Anxiety and Depression and are all self-portraits.
Creating artwork for me has always acted as escapism from my depression and it’s also been a way for me to take these feelings that build up inside myself and to make them into something tangible that I can see, which from a young age helped by acting as a coping mechanism.
Arianna Ferrari - CLOACA
Matthews Yard: Gallery
After ingesting a quantity of laxatives and diuretics the performer inserts a catheter in their bladder and a tunnel plug in their anus. The performer loses control of their sphincters. A number of contact microphones are attached to the performer’s belly, detecting the sounds of their intestines.
Ashley-Louise McNaughton - VOLATILE DECEPTIONS
Matthews Yard: Theatre
What is it to be bound and caged and yet concealed?
Its true nature ambiguous to those who can only see the surface of its reality.
It hints its presence, it breaks the surface.
In struggle there is an attempt to reveal, to remove, to be set free.
Resisting, catching, pulling, it penetrates as it tears.
Constricted by wild nature, by memory and loss; both of equal force and poetic trauma.
The body as site and the eyes of the skin, pricked and punctured, wounded in process.
On the outsides looking inward, gained by the moment, in its intensity and darkness.
In contemplation and dialogue through a delicate yet intense action.
Discomfort yet understanding in relation to infliction.
Proposing that we must assure the autonomy in owning our own truths; which may break the surface but are hidden either through oppression or by deceit.
Enforcing resistance to the lies which mask the truth.
Sarah Glass - 13 +/-
Matthews Yard: Theatre
If I say it out loud will it come true?
If I scream into a mirror will I become all I wish to be, or will I remain a monster?
An opportunity to watch a desperate act of self-care made manifest, reflected and refracted back.
Perhaps you will see yourself as you really are. Or perhaps you will merely turn to stone.
Fragmented reality (+) vs. the one true narrative (-). After all, the truth can only found in YOUR mind.
13 causes of human monsters.
Which will win?
|Day four - ADV ticket||12:00 - 22:30||£12.00|
Matthews Yard, 1, Matthews Yard, Croydon, CR0 1FF
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 16 years of age. Identification may be required.