Day two of TF18
Running from 9th - 22nd July, Tempting Failure 2018 brings an international programme of noise and performance art to Croydon, South London.
Find out more at temptingfailure.com/TF18
Day two tickets will be available on the door for £12
Yoga in Black Morning Session
Matthews Yard: Lounge
As part of TF18's intention to promote mental wellbeing, Yoga in Black offers Dru yoga sessions with a metal, gothic, drone, doomjazz, dark ambient twist. Expect big sound, sound teachings: a workout for your mind, body and ears. It will be intense, magickal and fun!
Morning sessions are free to TF18 day ticket and festival pass holders, or on a pay-what-you-can donation basis.
Kieran Wakeman - Festering Under Tortured Skin
Matthews Yard: Gallery
Wakeman will be exhibiting a series of photographs/photo manipulations titled ‘Festering under Tortured Skin.’ The title relates to my struggles with Anxiety and Depression and are all self-portraits. Creating artwork for me has always acted as escapism from my depression and it’s also been a way for me to take these feelings that build up inside myself and to make them into something tangible that I can see, which from a young age helped by acting as a coping mechanism.
This exhibition is FREE.
Niko Raes - This Boy Needs Love
The Front Room
A naked white body hanging in the void…with water dripping and penetrating its skin like a Japanese torture … washing everything away … revealing its true nature … waiting to be loved… with only the sound of dripping water and an audience walking through it, becoming one with this boy. 'This boy needs love' is an endurance performance/installation that investigates and questions the paradox of aesthetics and pain in the search for a new beauty. The duration of this piece depends on the physical endurance of the performer’s body at the time.
Nicole Murmann - 1140 Ways Of Closeness
Croydon Town Centre
The piece seeks to create a space of intimacy and consent, between the performer and an audience member. In respect to the engagement of each person’s boundaries, we will explore intimacy and find our own mutual connections and find out how far we, as a team would like to go.
This site-specific performance is FREE and takes place in a public space. Visit us at The Front Room for directions to the location.
Various locations, Matthews Yard & The Front Room, Various locations, Croydon, CR0 1YL
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 16 years of age. Identification may be required.