Day one of TF18
Running from 9th - 22nd July, Tempting Failure 2018 brings an international programme of noise and performance art to Croydon, South London.
Find out more at temptingfailure.com/TF18
Day tickets will be available on the door for £12
Shawn Escarciga - Whatever You Want
Whatever You Want is an exploration of authority and how it manifests in the body when it is willingly stripped from an individual. Through a series of pre-generated commands along with those elicited by a live and digital audience, Escarciga will experiment with modes of giving and taking power as the performance plays out in real time, manipulating his body in response to lived circumstances. Informed by a background in Butoh and survival mechanisms as a queer person living with mental illness, Whatever You Want is a glimpse into the daily life of those living on the fringe.
Mehmet Sander - EMERGENCY
"I really want to work with NHS nurses and staff because for me they are the most disciplined, resilient, hard-working people. These are the qualities one must have to execute my work." - Mehmet Sander
In a 2014 workshop at the Tate Modern 3 nurses from the NHS joined choreographer and action-architect Mehmet Sander, inspiring him to honour the NHS and it's hardworking staff in this new piece, that will be developed in collaboration with participants from the NHS and mental health sector in a 2-day workshop and performed to open to the TF18 festival.
The Front Room, 37, Saint George's Walk, Croydon, CR0 1YL
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 16 years of age. Identification may be required.